Comment on page
How to set up a wallet
In DeFi (Decentralized Finance), you are the true owner of your crypto. Your funds sit in a wallet that is controlled and managed by you. Before doing anything, it is important that you always follow these safety practices:
- Never share your recovery phrases with anyone, under any circumstances.
- Never input your recovery phrase to a website or app, other than your wallet app when you are importing your wallet on a new device.
- Be wary of fake websites, giveaways, or other malicious acts.
- Download and install only the latest wallet version from official sources.
- Follow the setup guides of your wallet of preference carefully.
- Safely back up your recovery phrases, preferably somewhere offline.
MetaMask is a very popular browser-based wallet plugin. It supports Ethereum by default, and every other Ethereum compatible blockchain, such as BNB Chain, Avalanche, and Polygon, can be added manually. MetaMask is also compatible with hardware wallets like Ledger and Trezor.
Trust Wallet is a popular mobile wallet. It is user-friendly as many blockchain networks are preconfigured and it has a build in DApp Browser. It is however not as configurable as MetaMask.
Rabby is an open-source, non-custodial crypto wallet that supports multiple EVM & non-EVM chains. It is designed to be user-friendly and secure, and it offers a number of features, including a simplified UX and seamless multi-chain support making it a good choice for both beginners and experienced crypto users. It is generally supported where Metamask is used.
Last modified 2d ago